Thursday, July 19, 2007

Brownback Calls For A Flat Tax

Senator Sam Brownback is a great guy. He was my commencement speaker at college, and I am perhaps the only libertarian in the country who would vote for him for president, but by the time the primaries roll around to my state I am sure he will have already withdrawn. This column he wrote calling for an alternative Flat Tax just makes me like him even more.

People often laugh when I say on the campaign trail that the tax code should be taken behind the barn and killed with a dull axe. In fact, one man in Iowa was so excited by this proposal that he presented me with an axe before I finished my remarks (fittingly, I was speaking in a barn).

There's a reason people welcome my proposal to kill the tax code -- it's a monster of inscrutable complexity, and I say that as a former lawyer who took every tax law class I could.

Today's tax code -- which is sixteen times longer than the Bible -- is unpredictable, manipulative and hinders the economic growth that generates more prosperity for all Americans.

HT Club for Growth.

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro